Jupiter Change of Name in Divorce Cases

If your Florida divorce decree does not already contain a provision granting your name change, there are several steps you must take to accomplish this. Our team can quickly and easily help you get your name changed after your divorce.

First, you need to gather the necessary documents:

  • proofs of identification, such as a driver’s license, state ID card, or passport
  • proof of age, such as an adoption decree or birth certificate
  • certified copy of your Florida divorce decree

If you do not have any of the above documents, we can help you get them.

If your name change was left out of your Florida divorce decree, we can ask the court to amend the document. If an amendment is not granted, we will proceed with a Florida Petition for Name Change.

Finally, don’t forget to notify the appropriate government agencies of your name change. This includes the Social Security Administration and the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Whatever assistance you need with your name change, we are here to help! Contact us today.